hokey pokey brownie
Whittaker’s released a new range of mini slabs last week and to my utter delight one is Hokey Pokey!
Inspired, I present you this little beauty – Hokey Pokey Brownie
62g cocoa (this time I used Valrhona coco for some extra luxury!)
1 tsp baking powder
- Melt butter and mix together with sugar
- Add eggs and vanilla (to taste), mix well
- Add flour, cocoa and baking powder
- Pour into a 9X9 inch square tin and spread evenly
- Bake on 180 till set – about 20 minutes
- Once cool, refrigerate. Do not start the Hokey Pokey until your brownie is cool and refrigerated!
5 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp golden syrup
- Heat the sugar and golden syrup in a small pot.
- Stir constantly until all of the sugar has dissolved.
- Increase the heat and boil for two minutes. Watch closely and only stir if it looks like it is going to stick. After two minutes take off the stove and add the baking soda.
- Stir quickly and pour straight on to the top of the refrigerated brownie
(if you have a minute you should watch Nigella make Hokey Pokey here)
Melt half a packet of Whittaker’s hokey pokey mini slabs in a glass bowl in the microwave.
Spoon on top of refrigerated hokey pokey topped brownie and spread thinly.
Refrigerate until set.
To eat – I’ve devised this handy song to help you:
you put your left hand in
you take your left hand out
you put your left hand in and SHOVE IT IN YOUR MOUTH